Vogue's 73 Questions

November 03, 2017



I was reading a few blogs earlier today and saw this awesome tag, while I haven't actually been tagged I am going to be doing it anyway as it is a great way for you guys to get to know me a little better.

What’s the best thing that has happened to you this month?
Moving to the Netherlands, for sure! I love this place and knowing I get to work and build up my confidence for uni is something that is so immensley valuable.

What’s the best thing that has happened to you this year?
Probably all the photography opportunities that I have received, I have taken photos for Dodie Clark and Mayday Parade most recently which I loved. My snaps have also been used on the cover of an EP and as promotion shots, in terms of my photography this has been a very good year.
a snap from Dodie's tour.

What’s the best thing to happen to you ever?
This is a bloody big question, but I think meeting each of the people that I have in my life right now. I don’t really know where I would be without them at this point.

What’s your favourite season?
Spring or Autumn for sure, you can get away with just a sweater and it isn't too hot or cold. I also love the transition into each of the seasons that follow them.

What’s your favourite holiday?
I love Christmas, mainly because it’s the only one that my family fully celebrates and gets together for. It’s a day of lounging around and eating abundances of food and drinking perhaps a little bit too much. Also the fact that there are endless films on TV. I love it.

Would you ever live in a big city?
I am 100% at my most comfortable in the city, while currently living in the suburbs of Amsterdam at the moment I am moving to London for university so yes I will for sure live in the city.

What’s your favourite ice cream?
Ben and Jerry’s Cookie Dough.

Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?
I’m the worst for leaving my shoes laced up and slipping them on and off, I feel like it makes things quicker but it almost definitely doesn’t in the long run.

What’s your favourite dessert?
Though I’m not the biggest dessert person I have a soft spot for Ben and Jerrys ice cream and red velvet cake!

Cake or Pie?
Red velvet cake.

What’s your least favourite food?
Probably eggs, I’m not even sure why I don’t like them but I don’t think I ever have!

What’s your favourite condiment?
BBQ sauce with McDonalds and Mayo normally.

It’s brunch, what do you order?
Pancakes with honey and a latte.

What’s your favourite colour?
Pale pinks and golds are my favourites.

What colour dress did you wear to your prom?
I wore the cutest pink dress from H&M!




Blow dry or air dry?
I like to avoid putting too much heat on my hair so I nearly always seem to let it air dry.

Do you think you’re strong?
Emotionally, yes. I have been through an awful lot over the past few years and can wholeheartedly say that I've come out the other side as a different person. Physically, however, I am about as strong as John Cena’s little toe.

Who’s a person you’d love to have coffee with?
Lucy Moon, Dottie James or Savannah Brown, I love their writing style and work more than anything and they are a constant source of inspiration to me so to be able to have a chat with them about writing would be a dream.

When was the last time you cried?
A few nights ago as I was saying goodbye to my family until Christmas.

Who’s the last person you texted?
My friend Em.

Twitter or Instagram?
As much as I love Instagram it has to be Twitter, I’ve been on it longer and can see myself being more dedicated to it for a much longer time period than my Instagram.

Who should everyone follow right now?
Curt Montgomery! He is my absolute favourite tattoo artist and his clothing line (Daddy's Day Off) and Instagram are like gold dust, I love them!
                                                       

Have you ever had anything stolen from you?
Having a younger sister means my makeup and clothes go missing on the regular, not that I mind but her letting me know where they are would be much nicer! Other than that I don’t think I have had anything stolen.

Favourite country you visited?
The Netherlands for sure, if you follow me on social media you will be aware of this due to the fact I have been three times in October and also moved over here too!

Last country you visited?
Again it's The Netherlands, I visited with my family a couple of weeks ago and moved over a few days ago.

Country you wish to visit?
I would love to visit Australia but it’s just so so expensive, the same goes for Canada.

First pet?
A couple of goldfish that I named after the Tweenies characters.

Favourite Disney animal?
Flounder from The Little Mermaid, he was so cute and then watching him grow up into an adult with a family in the second film was the cutest!

What are you doing tomorrow?
Working and also doing some work on my blog, making sure that it is back up and running to the way that it used to be.

What are you most excited about in life right now?
100% all the opportunities that are heading my way, these past few weeks have been filled with so much hard work and dedication but it is all slowly paying off.

What book are you reading right now?
A friend got me Girl in Pieces by Kathleen Glasgow as a leaving present and I am really loving it so far, it's absolutely gripping.

A book you read because everyone else was reading it?
I don’t think I’ve ever really read a book just because everyone else was reading them but I feel like I probably started to really get into John Green and particularly The Fault in Our Stars as it became a lot more mainstream.

What are you completely bored of right now?
I think I’m most bored of people that use you to their advantage and for their own personal success.

What’s your favourite beverage?
Coffee and Diet Coke are basically the only things that I consume, as well as heaps of water too.

What’s your favourite cocktail?
Sex on the Beach, Spoons does 2 pitchers for £12 so it’s a win-win!

What would you order at a McDonald’s drive-thru?
A veg deluxe burger with fries and a diet coke - if it’s Easter I will get a creme egg flurry too, and if the mozzarella sticks are out I will be all over them!

What’s one thing you still have from your childhood?
I have so many things left from my childhood but the biggest thing is probably the massive stuffed dog that my dad got me for Christmas when I was about five years old. It’s lost its nose and it's become a lot scruffier since I first got it but it still lives in the corner of my room with my extra blankets!

What’s your favourite current TV show?
Stranger Things and Riverdale without a question.

What’s a movie that made you cry?
My Girl  and P.s. I Love You are two that will never ever fail to make me sob.

What do you miss the most?
I miss living in the same country as my friends, I cant really pick up the phone and ask them to come over in ten minutes anymore.

What’s something you can’t do?
A backflip.

What are your nicknames?
Meg seem to be the one that I’ve grown into the most, there were so many others when I was younger though! My grandparents also still call me nutmeg as I'm apparently the spice of their life and also nutty.

What makes you laugh a lot?
A good meme, but also just my friends and family! I also love Trevor Noah’s comedy special called Afraid of the Dark.

Heels or flats?
My mum silently gives me a death glare every time I say this but flats are what I always seem to reach for, they’re so much more comfortable than heels however I will happily wear a pair of pretty heels too!

What’s the most adventurous thing you’ve done?
Probably following Mayday Parade on tour and heading to Amsterdam for one of the dates, that or my newest adventure of au pairing.

What’s one thing you wanted to do, but been scared of?
I’ve wanted to write a book for the longest time, all of my family have even told me that I should write or do something creative with my life. I think I will finally publish something one day, at least as long as I am happy with it.

What’s the thing you’re most proud of?
How far I have come as a person over the past few years, honestly it just goes to show that hard work and being honest about struggling can be the biggest change.

What did you want to do with your life at age 5?
I think I wanted to be an artist, or a chef I can't really remember.

Dogs or Cats?
Cats, it’s only been two days and I already miss my cat more than anything.

What’s the most important thing someone can learn?
Stop comparing your rough drafts and works in progress to completed works of art it isn’t fair on yourself or what you’re creating.

Bath or Shower?
Shower, it’s just quicker to be honest.

Mountain hideaway or beach house?
Beach house would be so cute, especially getting to watch the sunset over the coast at night.

What’s your favourite scented candle?
Vanilla.

If you could spend 3 months anywhere, where would it be?
A little town in Canada, just spending days on end writing and drinking coffee.

Are you messy or neat?
I am the messiest person ever, this is something I am trying to fix!

What’s the first thing you do each morning?
I check my phone and make a coffee.

What do you have for breakfast?
I hardly eat breakfast if I’m honest, but if I do it will be something like a pan au chocolate or peanut butter on toast.

What’s the last thing you do before you go to bed?
Usually either watch a bit of Netflix or read a bit of whatever book I have had my nose glued in that week.

What’s one skill you wish you had?
I wish I was more forgiving and a generally more open person.

What’s your favourite pizza?
Before going veggie it was a Hawaiian (yes, I know, pineapple on pizza) but now I love a good spinach and ricotta pizza.

Describe your ideal man in three words?
Guitarist, Nice Hair.

Who was the last person you talked to on the phone?
My dad before bed last night.

At what age were you your happiest?
Honestly, I’ve never been happier than I am right now. Everything is slowly working out.

What’s the last thing you ate?
Hagelslag!

Where do you go when you need to be alone?
I’m often on my own in the day, but my bedroom is my quiet place that I go to for some peace.

What’s the biggest thing on your mind right now?
The fact I don’t have a winter coat and it’s freezing in the Netherlands - I am going to have to go and buy one!

What’s the best activity to do at home on a rainy day?
Curl up in bed with a coffee and either Netflix and a book, I try to avoid going outside when the weather is like that as it makes me feel quite lethargic.

What are you listening to right now?
Right now, Ed Sheeran.

On a scale of 1-10, how happy are you with life right now?
I would probably say about 8.

What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten?
I don’t tend to try weird foods to be honest, probably snails when I was in France a few years ago.

Starter or dessert?
I love a good starter.

What is the furthest you have been from home?

Greece!

Post a Comment

© Megan Clare. Design by FCD.