Real Techniques Powder Bleu Review

January 03, 2018



My makeup collection is ever growing and yet the one thing I always seem to forget to buy for myself are new brushes, after all I have so many already so why would I need new ones? The issue with this is most of mine are old and messy and needed some replacements which is why I was so over the moon when Influenster teamed up with Real Techniques and sent me over a set four of the products in their new Powder Bleu brush collection. This post is a little different to usual, I’m kind of going back to my roots with makeup and beauty blogging as this is something that I really want to get back into doing in the new year with perhaps having a blog post a week speaking about this kind of thing, so be sure to let me know if you enjoy it and want more of this kind of content.



I’m going to be honest, had I not been sent them the price tag of the brushes would have put me off purchasing them as they are almost another version of the Bold Metals brushes which are incredibly pricey, especially for Real Techniques. However I am so glad that these have found their way into my collection because I have never experienced brushes like this. 

I already have about 50 eyeshadow brushes I did give the brush a go and loved how it blended my eyeshadow but decided to give it to a much more loving home in my friends makeup collection which she hugely appreciated! The face brushes I decided to keep for myself however and cannot sing their praises enough. Each one leaves my skin looking flawless and gives an almost airbrushed kind of look which I haven’t been able to achieve with other brushes before.



While they are all produced and aimed towards being able to work best with powders (hence the name Powder Bleu)  I have also found that the density of the buffing brush can work really well for applying foundation. It is also a dream for buffing out contour and making things have a seamless effect.

The massive powder brush is perfect for applying powder to the t-zone as well as blush and it holds just the right amount of product on the brush to be able to work well with anything that may already be on your face.

Finally there is the smaller of the brushes which I use for highlight and oh my gosh does this help to apply the right amount to just make it pop! It almost gives my face a dewy look and I am convinced this is because of the brush due to the fact I haven’t used a different highlight in about two months and have got very used to the way it looks on my skin. 


If you want to pick up any of the products I’ve mentioned or just check them out a little more then have a look at the collection here and make your decision about whether they’re worth the hype I’ve given them, because I know these will be my new holy grail face brushes for a long time to come. 

Post a Comment

© Megan Clare. Design by FCD.