Music Monthly: February

February 26, 2018


You guys know the drill by now, every month I compile a heap of tunes that I have been loving and share them with you all. There's the new finds section and the oldies but goldies section and there's a whole lot of me ranting about music I love.


NEW FINDS


Have Mercy released new music last year which I somehow completely missed, my favourite off the two track EP being Reaper which is such a good song! I saw them live two years ago when they opened for Mayday Parade in London and ever since they have been one of my favourite bands. If you want some other tracks of theirs to listen to then I recommend Two Years and Let's Talk About Your Hair.

Last month I watched Call Me By Your Name about 5 times and also read the book, it's safe to say I'm obsessed and this obsession also goes across to the soundtrack too. Visions Of Gideon by Sufjan Stevens makes me sob, it was the perfect song for the end of the movie and is just so beautiful. While so different to the music I have been listening to recently it is also one of my favorites.

Amber Mark's EP 3:33 AM also holds a special place in my heart this month, it is so incredible and the album artwork is so aesthetically pleasing that I couldn't help but not fall in love with this collection of songs. My all time fave from the EP is Monsoon which has found a place on so many of my playlists at this point.

The Shlohmo remix of PnB Rock's track Selfish is insane too! Lucy Moon put it in her Coco Pops playlist which I have been loving and I cannot get enough of it. This is the song that I listen to on my morning bike rides back from the school run and it seems to always put me in the best mood for the day ahead.

The Maine are a band I never allowed myself to get into for some reason or another and so when my best friend made me a playlist which featured god knows how many of their tracks this was the perfect time for me to do so. I am really loving them at the moment and I am bummed I didn't appreciate them enough when I saw them opening for Mayday Parade at the same time as Have Mercy. Black Butterflies and Deja Vu and Diet Soda are probably my two favourite tracks from them at the moment however their entire discography is bloody awesome.

Waterparks also dropped a new album not long ago and I've finally got round to listening to it after my friend Laura mentioned it to me and boy is it good. My favourites are 11:11 and We Need To Talk which are fab, however the whole album is pretty awesome to be honest.

OLDIES BUT GOLDIES

In the lead up to The Wombats releasing their newest album I decided to listen to a heap of their old stuff and Greek Tragedy reminded me why they are one of my favorite bands. Their music is so good and the new album is a bop too so I highly recommend listening to them if you don't already.

Ages ago Taylor Swift sold Little Big Town her song Better Man and to this day it still makes me feel as though I am being personally victimised by both artists. This is one of those songs that I play when I feel as though I need to remind myself that I am better off without those that I have loved and lost.

I've relived my love for Frank Ocean meaning that he has found his way into god knows how many of the playlists that I've made this month. Bad Religion will always make me sob while Chanel is my go to mood lifting tune at the moment.

I also got to see two of my favourite bands this month (Pale Waves and Peach Pit) which was super cool and so a few of their tunes have found their way into the playlist too as I always seem to obsess over music even more after hearing it live.

As always, here's this month's playlist if you want to give it a follow and you can find the rest of my spotify playlists here!


Post a Comment

© Megan Clare. Design by FCD.