A Week Of Affirmations

March 25, 2018





This past week I've found myself feeling a little 'eh' when it comes to life, this is probably something to do with the changes in the moon and the way they affect me (you may laugh but when our bodies are 80% water we are affected by the moon as much as the ocean). To find a way to tackle this I set out each day with a new affirmation in mind, to keep me grounded and motivate me throughout the day.

I was inspired by Demi Lovato's book 'Staying Strong' which is full of 365 days worth of affirmations and quotes meant to inspire the reader. Whenever I am feeling particularly glum I find myself picking up my copy of this and flicking through the pages, or going to the days date and work on reminding myself that things will change but that change starts with me.

monday's affirmation



The week opened with an affirmation coming from my one true love, Pinterest, though originally by France Corbel. As a caffeine addict who spent most of the day trying to convince myself that sitting and watching endless episodes of The Flash instead of working was an ok thing to do. Sometimes I find myself getting so worked up over my lack of productivity that I just end up hitting a stump and it's a nightmare! Monday's aren't my friend and neither is that kind of mindset, so this worked perfectly as the affirmation of the day.


tuesday's affirmation


Again, taken from good old pinterest this was my motivation to get up and moving throughout the day. For so long people have doubted what I am able to do, telling me that the creative industry is so hard to break into and I would be much safer settling for a regular 9-5 job. I am not one to settle,  I am going to work to prove that blogging and photography will eventually be jobs that pay my bills because actually, I can.



wednesday's affirmation

If you've been reading my blog for a while you will know just know incredibly nostalgic I am as a person, I tend to spend so much time thinking about the past and hardly any time thinking about the now. Wednesday was full of reminders that I need to stop dwelling on things that could have been but never happened and that things will never be the way they used to be. I'm not about to take seven steps back from the growth I have made, I have come so far since I was that person and everything happens for a reason.


thursday's affirmation

Being in a community of so many wonderful content creators is often one of the most inspiring and wonderful things, however sometimes watching their success can leave you feeling a little deflated (even if it usually does leave you feeling more encouraged to get yourself up to their level). Thursday held a reminder that I am capable and significant, and I will succeed.



friday's affirmation

Poetry will always be my first love, and for this reason Fridays affirmation came from the angel Rupi Kaur whose words I have found comfort in day in day out for a good few years now. This piece reminds me to work on myself, learn to love myself and accept myself for who I am. 



saturday's affirmation

Sometimes it is hard to remember to be kind to others, but it is often hardest to remember to be kind to yourself. Kindness is greatness, this I needed to remember.



sunday's affirmation
Sometimes it is important to celebrate the small victories like getting through the week and only taking one nap instead of the three you did last week. This is my reminder that I did it, the week is over! Now to do it all over again next week.

Post a Comment

© Megan Clare. Design by FCD.