Staying Sane In Exam Season

April 13, 2018




So many of my friends are currently going through the stresses of exam season and while I am free from that this year I thought I would give some tips and tricks I found helpful to keep me sane during the exam season.



Revision Playlist
When I was studying music was a massive source of sanity for me and so having a playlist to get me focused and in the zone helped me stop stressing so much. Find a balance between music you want to sing along to and tracks that will keep you focused, Spotify also have some great focus based playlists which I found myself using too!


Don't Force Too Much On Yourself
You know your limits as a person and are well aware of what will and won't leave you wanting to curl up in a ball in the corner of your room from stress. Know that some days you won't want to do as much work and that is okay, everyone has days like this and nobody works to their full potential all the time, especially under exam stress.


Stay Hydrated
I cannot emphasise how important this one is, your body is 80% water and there is no way it can function properly without hydration. Keep a bottle of water on your desk at all times and refill as much as you need, I promise you will work better and generally feel better when you have water in your system instead of your blood flow being 30% water and 50% coffee.


Eat Healthily
Much like drinking water if you are eating well then your body will function better, don't neglect food because of your stress as it will make you feel so much worse in the long run. Chop up an apple and some other fruit and keep it by your side when you study as a good snack. If your body is happy your mind is likely to function a whole lot better.





Have a Social Life
Just because you're revising it doesn't mean you have to lock yourself away like Rapunzel in her tower, you are still allowed to go out! Plan things on weekends with friends - if you study best in the evening then try and go out in the day, if you get the most done in the day then plan things in the evening. Making sure that your work and life balance is good is key to being happy and motivated to actually study, you could even have study days with friends in cafes or at one of your houses. Sometimes seeing how other people are doing and getting their help can be so beneficial.


Talk To Your Family
I don't think my exam stress ever hit as high as it did until the final few weeks before my A Level English exam, this was partially my fault as I hardly went to class and had so many essays to do. It got to the point that I ended up just crying out of stress to my mum and she reminded me that no matter what happened she would be proud of me because I was trying my hardest to get myself back on track. She called my grandma over and we had lunch and my grandma gave me a heap of tips and a pep talk, somehow this really helped to get me encouraged to work.
If you have older siblings and don't understand certain things then honestly just ask them for help, I am always so happy to sit and help my sister do her math homework or run through flash cards with younger friends. It is by doing these things that you are able to learn more.


Plan Your Studying
We all do the thing where we pretend we are studying when in reality we are going over what we already knew instead of focusing on the things we need to work on. If you plan your studying into things that you know and don't know and give yourself little blocks of time then this really helps.





Reward Yourself
This could be with a bar of chocolate at the end of a day of studying or ordering a new makeup palette once you've finished your syllabus, anything that will encourage you to go that extra mile and get everything you need done.



If you want any study tips I have actually done a post on it which you can find here!

Post a Comment

© Megan Clare. Design by FCD.