The Friendship Tinders for Females and Bloggers

April 06, 2018



How many times have you been scrolling through your Twitter feed to discover tweets or retweets from the ladies you follow featuring something along the lines of 'I wish there was an app for bloggers to connect with each other' or 'why isn't there a friend Tinder where girls can befriend each other and go and get wine or coffee?'. Well, if you have been there or if you've even been one of those girls that have been tweeting these things then then this post is for you. Look no further because I have managed to find two (yes two!) apps that do just what everyone has been asking for.



The first app that I discovered is called Hey! Vina. It's described as being for the women, by the women and is basically the friendship equivalent of tinder. However this concept can be somewhat strange to think about (my friend literally pointed out to me that it's like choosing your friends based on looks and in the words of John Green doing that is like choosing your breakfast cereal based on colour instead of flavour).

Anyway, I think this app is super cool, and full of fun things, you fill out a load of forms (definitely not as boring as the word forms makes it sound, I promise) and it sets you up with the users that are within the closest proximity to you that you would be most likely to get along with. It's great for people that have just relocated and don't really know anyone but don't want to be attacked with the abundances of horrendous pick up lines and terrible at best attempts at flirting that litter your messages on Tinder.



I think my favourite thing about this is that it consists solely of women, you have to sign in with your Facebook to prove your gender and it had therefore created this safe place for women to make friends without the fear of being assaulted by men. It measures distance to you, just like tinder and will allocate the people that are closest to you and that you are most likely to match with first.   This app seems fairly new as I haven't really heard anyone speaking about it all that much however there have been a few people tweeting about it, hence how I managed to stumble upon it myself!



One of the coolest things about the app is that when you sign up you join 'communities' which will show up on your profile card when people are swiping through. There are so many to choose from and there is something for everyone, I picked Bloggers, New In Town, Lit Lovers and LGBTQ to name a few and it's super cool seeing how other girls have the same interests and lifestyles as I do!

As well as the communities there are quizzes, and who doesn't love taking a good buzzfeed quiz as their main form of procrastination? Well, these quizzes are just as fun as those never ending Buzzfeed ones and give you just as pointless information however they also use this information to build up your profile and hopefully match you with people who share the same interests as you. You can find out things like your friendship language, aura colour and what planet you would be from - and who doesn't want to know those things when they're looking for a friend?



There is also the newly released 'The Bloggers Club' app which is purely for bloggers, after months of seeing various people I follow ask for this kind of thing the lovely people at The Bloggers Club have listened to our pleas and finally created what we have all been asking for. Though it is very much in the early stages of its creation and things like this obviously take a lot of trial and error to work out what works and doesn't in terms of user enjoyment and everything else there is a lot of potential in this!



As it grows and develops there will be even more members for you to connect with and form blogging friendships which is such a lovely idea. The blogging community is one of the loveliest and most supportive groups of people and so having what is basically a Hey! Vina purely for bloggers is such a perfect idea - just think of how lovely everyone on there must be! Plus you will all automatically have something in common considering you are bloggers.

Just imagine being able to log onto the app, make some new likeminded blogging friends and then go out and shoot photos for your upcoming blog posts or sit in a cafe each working on your own personal projects! That concept quite literally sounds like a dream in my opinion! It will help you to create bigger and better content as I always find that whenever I spend time with other creatives I ams o much more inspired than had I just sat at home writing and also encourage you to get out the house more.

I always look at the blogging 'cliques' and wonder when I will find my tribe, perhaps I will manage to through this app and that is such a cool thought! Even if I don't it will be super fun to discover how many different bloggers there are nearby me and will lead me to find even more content to enjoy and be inspired by - either way it is incredibly likely that I'm going to leave this app inspired.


Both of these apps are fairly new and will for sure improve with future updates but for now they do what they need to do and they are super fun to use and meet new people on! I really recommend them to anyone that is looking to find new friends or inspiration in the blogging world - and if you happen to find me on either of them be sure to drop me a message and say hi!

Post a Comment

© Megan Clare. Design by FCD.