Music Monthly: August/September

September 28, 2018




Yes, I know I have been MIA for a solid month now and that August's music monthly should have been out a good week and a bit ago. Initially I was just going to upload it later on this month however it kind of seemed more fitting to combine it with Septembers post as a way of getting me back into creating content after months of writing nothing.

If you're new to music monthly then hello! This is a compilation of all of the music that I have been loving over the past month or so which is split into two sections (new finds, a collection of music I found or that has been released over the past month and then oldies but goldies which is tunes I have revisited over the month that may have been mentioned before or are just older and more nostalgic to me). Without further ado, here is a very late music monthly.

(oh, and the playlist will be at the bottom as always)

NEW FINDS


Matt Wills released a very pretty track called All Cried Out and it was all I needed right when I needed. This is much more stripped back and acoustic like his older stuff which is something that I adored about him when I first came across him. 

My favourite band, With Confidence, came back with the most amazing sophomore album titled Love and Loathing which explores love and relationships in the modern era and I am so excited to hear it live next week. Moving Boxes, Icarus, and Bruise are my favourites from the album.

Troye Sivan has also released a new album and the combination of The Good Side and Postcard has had me sobbing on my bedroom floor. This album shows so much character development since the release of Blue Neighbourhood almost three years ago.

Another new album came from Deaf Havana and I fell in love with the entirety of it, Evil and Saviour are the stand out tracks for me though.

Nina Nesbitt's track Loyal To Me is packed with all the early 2000's Britney vibes that we still love and deserve in 2018. The music video is just filled with such cool vibes and the song is the anti-fuckboy anthem of the year (if I do say so myself).

This month we lost one of the most influential musicians in my life, although I didn't speak much about him Mac Miller's discography was impeccable and he would always have the words to make me feel less alone. He dropped a new album in August titled Swimming and while I hadn't got round to listening to it his death sparked the need to know what was going on in his mind before it happened. Perfecto and Self Care are my two favourites off the album.

Blackbear has also released a new single titled The 1 and despite me constantly saying how much I prefer his old stuff I have to admit that this track is pretty good. 

After a good years break from releasing music Lauren Aquilina is back with a new original song titled Psycho and it is so so good. It gives me all the Tessa Violet Crush vibes.

This past month I've dyed my hair black again and Bring Me The Horizon have released a new track titled MANTRA which comes from their upcoming album. I guess you could say emo season is well and truly underway for me.

Pale Waves have finally released their debut album, My Mind Makes Noises, and it is everything I expected it to be and more. After waiting since February for a studio version of She the album delivered that and more for me. I found myself sobbing to the closing track Karl (I Wonder What It's Like To Die) and seeing them live this month was amazing too. This band has so much potential and I cannot wait to see them blow up even more than they already have.

I have never been a massive LANY fan however their newest track I Don't Wanna Love You Anymore is bloody good and it hurts my heart realising how they have gone from ILYSB to this kind of track.

They're finally back having a place in Music Monthly!! BROCKHAMPTON have released their newest alum, iridescence, and I cannot emphasise how much I love it. As much as All American Trash will always be my favourite by them this is finding it's way to the top. TONYA and WEIGHT are easily my faves from the album. 


OLDIES BUT GOLDIES


Coffee Talk by Broadside never loses its charm for me and will always be a song that finds its way stuck in my head. It's so catchy and pop punk I just love it.

Recently I have been really trying to make myself understand the importance of living in the moment, understanding that nothing is going to be the same again. The message within When by Dodie emphasises just that for me, especially within the lyrics of 'I'll never be sixteen again'. Somehow that one lyric gets to me every single time.

I will always adore Conor Scott and his chilled out acoustic vibes within his music, the singer songwriter nerd in me thrives off of him. For the longest time Awake has been my favourite track within his unfortunately small discography.

The 1975 are still out here amazing me, however their debut album is the album that will always hold my heart. There's something just so fucking good about it, Robbers is still my favourite.

Post a Comment

© Megan Clare. Design by FCD.