Music Monthly February 2019

March 01, 2019


It's been a long time coming but here is my re-vamped music monthly series! For those of you who have read my blog for a while you'll know how music monthly works, I talk about all the music that I have loved this month in a mix of old favourites and new releases.


NEW RELEASES



This month has been insane for new releases from so many of my favourite artists including one song I have been waiting for months to have a studio version of. This valentines Rex Orange County dropped his beautiful new track New House which explores his relationship with his craft yet how dedicated he is to love. When he played it at his London show in October I cried a hell of a lot and somehow this studio version is even more enchanting and wonderful.

Julia Michaels’ EP, Inner Monologue, is full of absolute bops but the stand out track for me is easily Into You which just bloody hit home for me. Her voice is so so beautiful and the lyrics are insane too, I am so excited for the rest of her releases this year!

My favourite Scotswoman, Nina Nesbitt, has released her highly anticipated - or at least in my eyes it was after a massive five year gap since her debut one - album. This is such a contrast to the first album in so many ways, yet it works so amazingly as five years us such a huge time frame for Nina to have grown as a person. The album was on repeat for a solid three days and I have definitely found a love for Last December and Things I Say When You Sleep which are both so beautiful and remind me how pure love can be.

With the return of music monthly you also get the return of me yelling about Mahalia, who released a new track titled Do Not Disturb this month. Despite her lack of wins at The Brits this song proves further why she should have won the award, she is a genius with music. The lyrics are so clever and catchy to the point that I find myself singing them at work.

5 Seconds of Summer and The Chainsmokers teamed up to make one of the biggest bops of the year, Who Do You Love is the kind of song that just goes off. I can’t even put it on an intellectual way, it’s the only way I can describe it.

The princess of pop Ariana Grande released her newest album thank u, next and the song ghostin literally hit me right in the heart. While the album in general took mea little while to get into it is one of those that just gets better with every single listen. While not a new release I have also listened to Thinking Bout You too many times to name this month, it genuinely rips my heart out and makes me cry despite it literally not being a sad song.

Halsey and YUNGBLUD spent their Valentines releasing one of my favourite tracks in this post. 11 Minutes is one of the most beautiful songs and their voices go so so well together, there’s something about this song that I love so much and I can’t get enough of it!


OLD BUT GOLD



After discovering the setlist for Twenty Øne Pilots this month I immediately started listening to it on repeat in preparation for when I finally see them live on March 7th. Though Trench really isn’t my favourite album of theirs (please don’t kill me for that) I have started to fall in love with it, especially Neon Gravestones which is the one song from it I think I am most excited to hear live. 

Lea Michele will always have one of my favourite voices, Hey You came on one of my playlist radios earlier this month and I fell back in love with it completely. It’s the sequel song to If You Say So which is about her late fiancé Cory Monteith.

Cinderella by Mac Miller has also found a place on the playlist purely because of how much I love his music.


 

Post a Comment

© Megan Clare. Design by FCD.