The Ultimate Care Package - Best Friend Edition

January 10, 2018



Having friends that have moved away got university has meant those who once lived within close proximity to me have been added to my list of long distance friends, and ever since I have been meaning to send a little care package to a few of them to kind of settle them into their new lives. I'm also not sure if you guys are aware but I currently au pair in The Netherlands and so a friend from home mentioned that she was going to put a package together for me and it inspired me to think of what I would love to receive and put together an 'ultimate' care package.

(As always, everything in bold is also a link that will take you to a new tab where you are able to purchase the products.)


Vanilla is always a scent that I associate with baking and being at home and so this is something that is kind of homely in a way, you can never go wrong with a good lip balm and these ones are a dream to use. They're also super affordable on amazon at a maximum of £4.



Another home comfort for me are Yankee Candles, my house is always littered with them and I will always associate the fluffy towels and fresh linen scents with cleanliness and home. Yankee Candles can be super pricey though so Primark candles are also a good bet, as are the ones that Sainsburys sell as part of their homewear.



This book was on my reading list and I tore through it over Christmas break and then got a copy and gifted it to my stepdad who loves books too. There is something so wonderful about this book, it has history, romance, hope and a brilliant villain which leaves me with nothing negative to say about it. If you know someone who loves reading then be sure to make sure they have read this.


4) Anthropologie - Mugs

If the person you are gifting for is anything like me then a cute mug will never go unappreciated, at the moment Anthropologie sell some of my favourite mugs and so many of them are on sale for even cheaper than they usually are!!







Self care and care packages instantly remind me of face masks and Lush which is the home of my favourite skincare. This one is so minty and lovely and always makes me feel a little more human while also helping me to cure any breakouts, I fully recommend grabbing someone one of these and putting it in a care pack for them.


6) Marks and Spencer Veggie Percy Pigs

Right, even before I was a vegetarian I came to realise that the veggie versions of Percy Pigs are just better than the normal ones and the amount of people that I have converted to think the same thing really reiterates the fact that they are the best sweets out there, go pick up a pack and try them if you don't believe me.



No self care day is complete without a pair of cozy pj's and so treating your best friend to a comfy pair of joggers is something that is unlikely to go unappreciated. If you can't afford Topshop then Primark always do lovely bottoms too which make it a little more affordable, especially if you are on that student budget.



Another minty Lush product which is an absolute killer is the intergalactic bath bomb, this is my favourite of all of their bath bombs due to it making me feel as though I am in space. It is also super glittery and pretty and leaves your bath a pretty deep teal shade full of sparkles - my dream. 



Sometimes we find ourselves focusing on the negatives instead of the good things that are happening, this journal encourages its writer to fill it with the good things that are going on. Giving whoever you gift it to time to think about their day/life and focus on the positives in comparison to dwelling on the negatives. It is full of positive affirmations and quotes which makes it even more lovely and is in mini form so they can take it with them whenever they need a boost. 


10) Pink Lemonade Lucozade

Honestly, I mainly put this in because it is my ultimate comfort drink and that's really the only reason but Lucozade is always something that people associate with being ill and getting better and so whenever I am feeling particularly down I always make sure I have some as it kind of mentally perks me up.

Post a Comment

© Megan Clare. Design by FCD.