Spotify Wrapped 2017 | Blogmas Day 6

December 06, 2017



Yesterday Spotify dropped their yearly Spotify Wrapped which is a round up of all the music that you have been listening to throughout the year. I always look forward to this as it really shows me what I have been loving and I also saw my lovely friend Niamh did a post speaking about her Spotify Wrapped for this year and thought I would pinch the idea - sorry Niamh!!



So, what is Spotify Wrapped? It is basically a site that Spotify sets up annually to show you the music you have been listening to and then gives you a playlist and a whole heap of other cool statistics about your listening activity. If you want to get yours then head over to the site here.



Let's take a look at mine and see what I've been listening to.




First off let's talk about my top artists. I am not at all surprised Keaton Henson is in my top five, however Moose Blood and Ed Sheeran were a bit more of a random find in my eyes. I don't feel like I really listened to them anywhere near as much as some other artists for them to be in there however I can't argue with the analytics! Neck Deep also belong in there for sure and my blackbear phase has come back to haunt me in this list too.

I think this combination of people really describes my music taste, every year this section is a bit of a mess due to the wide variety of tunes that I listen to (for example last year I was in the top 1% of listeners to the Hamilton soundtrack but also the same for The 1975).  The contrast of Keaton Henson and Neck Deep or Blackbear just says it all really!

My top songs are a bit of a mess too really, while I adore The Seas Is A Good Place To Think Of The Future it's strange to see it here as I feel I listened to it a lot more at the beginning of the year than the rest of the year. London Lights by With Confidence is a banger and it is no surprise that it is in there, this song is everything. 

Then we have Dua Lipa and I feel like she made it onto everyones list, did everyone just need her constant reminder not to get back with their exes? Oops, let's just leave all that in 2018 please and not let stan Twitter culture ruin her like they seem to ruin everything else.

The last two are bands I knew would be in there somewhere but also are songs I didn't think would be in there. Coldplay wise I presumed it would be Yellow and Arctic Monkeys wise I presumed Arabella but I was proven wrong both times. 


If you want to see any of my playlists or get more of an insight on my music then I do a monthly roundup of tunes I have been loving called 'Music Monthly' which you can find on my blog or just head over to my spotify and follow my playlists (my username is buteracups and if you know what that originates from then you're automatically my friend).

Post a Comment

© Megan Clare. Design by FCD.