Music Monthly: September

September 29, 2017




This month I have been loving a lot of music, but mainly revisiting a lot of music that I used to love, so this months music monthly is going to be filled with old bands that I grew up listening to. Not forgetting some new stuff that I have been loving too. If you're enjoying these posts then be sure to also follow my spotify where I will be making monthly playlists that work alongside them and also feature a lot more music than I am able to mention in one post! 

Athlete who were one of the most fundamental bands in my childhood have made their comeback into my life and I couldn't be happier about me deciding to give them a listen again. They have such a chill vibe and are one of the few bands who manage to make me feel nostalgic about everything. Also, here's a hilarious article I found online about them by a superfan, it made mad laugh a lot.     
Songs I recommend: Wires, I Love, and You Got The Style

The Kooks are the kings of chill music, or at least in my opinion anyway. I have been loving listening to them recently, it reminds me of being thirteen and spending days on end in a park with my friendship group.
Songs I recommend: Ooh La, Sofa Song, and Seaside

Let's talk about Coldplay and my love for them. Although I haven't been listening to them too much I got a tattoo dedicated to them this month and therefore they deserve a honourable mention at the very least.
Honourable mention to Fix You.

I came across Jorja Smith in my YouTube recommendations and absolutely fell in love with how chill her music is. She is the kind of music that I would listen to with my friends while getting ready for a night out, or just something that gets me pumped enough to get myself out of bed in the morning. 
Songs I Recommend: Blue Lights, So Lonely and Prince.

SZA is an artist that I have been loving for a few months now, her music sounds like something so new and original (her and Jorja Smith's music work perfectly alongside each other). Her lyrics are empowering and also tackle a wide range of issues that females face, she speaks about her fragility but also owns it to the point that she sounds like a complete badass. If you haven't listened to her yet, then go do it now! 
Songs I Recommend: The Weekend, Doves In The Wind, and Supermodel.

Thats it for this months post! I've also linked my playlist below so you can give it a listen, and have a look at a few of my other playlists too as there is nothing I love more than sharing the music I love with people. Until next month's music monthly, stay cool and be sure to drop me any music recommendations that you may have! 


Post a Comment

© Megan Clare. Design by FCD.