Anti-Haul | Blogmas Day 1

December 01, 2017


I thought I would kick this years blogmas off with something I haven't done before but have been loving watching and reading recently - this being the idea of an anti-haul where I discuss things that I won't be getting this season. Credit for the idea goes to Kimberly Clark who started the anti-haul and a quick disclaimer goes out to say that these are all my own opinions, obviously if you love or want these products then that is your opinion. I'm really not trying to be negative, just thought I would try this out.


GIGI HADID - JETSETTER PALETTE



Right okay, I have been out of the loop of the makeup world for a while now and didn't realise this was even a thing or a collaboration until people started posting their review videos but this is definitely one thing that I will not be purchasing this season. Don't get me wrong, the idea behind it is cool and  everything but this costs at least £30 and in my opinion it honestly isn't worth it, I could get a morphe palette for less money than that. 

I get the idea behind it is that you have everything you need in one place for your own benefit when travelling  but it just kind of reminds me of the Claire's palettes that I would buy when I was about 10 years old and putting blue eyeshadow all over my eyelids with those dodgy applicators. It's a no no for me.

Another issue is concealer in a palette is like asking for my skin to break out, and the lip colours are not something that I would ever use plus the contour would be wayyyy to dark for me, meaning I would be spending £30 on four eyeshadows, a mascara, a highlighter and a blush. For me, that is way too much money but if you're into it or are a fan of Gigi then by all means get yourself some of this collection, it's just way too much money in my opinion.

ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS - SUBCULTURE



Admittedly this palette isn't new on the market at all but I have been toying with the idea of buying it ever since it came out. Only recently have I decided against it and been sure of that decision. Don't get me wrong, I love ABH and the Modern Renaissance palette is (and probably always will be) one of my favourite palettes but this just doesn't do anything for me.

I've watched so so many videos where people have struggled to blend the shades and generally struggled to even make any looks out of it. I don't really want to be going and dropping like £40 on a palette that I know I will hardly ever use and has shades that honestly, if I wanted I could probably find somewhere else.

TOO FACED UNICORN COLLECTION




I don't think I own anything from Too Faced anymore, I got rid of quite a lot of it when I had a clear out and gave it to my little sister. It's not that I have anything against them and some of their stuff is so cute but this collection is just one big fat no from me to be completely honest. The unicorn hype is something that lasted for what seemed like a minute and for them to have brought this collection out so late on confuses me to no end. Not only this but they're releasing it in February which is such a confusing time as it is still winter and this feels like much more of a spring/summer collection if anything!

JEFFREE STAR HOLIDAY COLLECTION


Honestly, my problem lies with Jeffree more than anything and I still really don't agree with supporting anything he creates. These shades are also strangely the same as his pre existing ones yet on a lot of sites they are advertised as 'limited edition shades' - is this purely because of the packaging or? I honestly don't know how I feel about these but they definitely won't be making their way into my collection.


FENTY BEAUTY HOLIDAY COLLECTION PALETTE





Honestly, I love the idea of Fenty Beauty and the makeup range looks insane although I am still yet to pick up any of the products for myself I know a lot of people who adore them! However, the holiday collection and this palette in particular is something that just doesn't appeal to me. Maybe it's the layout, the lack of symmetry is actually something that really bugs me when it comes to this, like yes I know you're Rihanna and that there are diamonds in the sky or whatever but please dont make your palette like a diamond too. 

I think my main issue lies mainly with the fact that every single shadow is a shimmer, there isn't a single matte shade in the whole thing. For me, an eyeshadow palette exists for ease and to then have to bring another palette with me to be able to complete the eye look due to the fact it is literally all shimmers just adds to the annoyance of it all for me. That being said, the shades are so pretty and look so pigmented, it's just a bit of a bummer that for $59 you're only getting shimmers.






Anyway, that is all for my anti haul! Let me know if you are thinking of getting any of these or what products you aren't that impressed with this season in the comments or on Twitter, I would love to hear your views. See you tomorrow for another blogmas. x

Post a Comment

© Megan Clare. Design by FCD.