(Even More) TV Shows To Binge

August 12, 2018




I feel as though everyone has finished education for the summer and if you're anything like me then you will be looking for a heap of shows to binge over the course of the next few months. Since my last TV Shows to binge post did so well and I have watched a heap more shows that I have loved I thought I would compile a little list for you guys!

Most of these are on Dutch and English Netflix, however I'm not too sure about whether they will be available in your locations.


The Flash




Barry Allen (Grant Gusten) is basically the new love of my life after binging all of the episodes available within the space of a two weeks and then having to wait for the weekly uploads from Netflix after that. This is a DC show which surprised me when I fell in love with it because honestly I'm usually a little disappointed by DC films in comparison to Marvel, however their TV shows are something that they have got right. You'll find yourself following Barry Allen, the fastest man alive, as he gets to grips with his powers and builds himself a team of trustworthy and incredible friends to help him save his town, Central City. This is such a feel good yet dramatic show and I am so glad I caved into my friends yelling about it so much because I'm fully obsessed; and counting down the days until the next season after the cliffhanger we were left with at the end of season four.


Person Of Interest




I'm only two seasons in but this show is so good, I love me a good thriller and crime drama show and this is just everything. It follows two men as they attempt to stop crimes from happening based off of purely a social security number that they receive. There's abundances of shoot outs and fast paced scenes but there's also plot twists left right and centre that leave me shooketh in true Christine and Elijah style.


100% Hotter



Do any of your British people remember the BBC Three show Snog Marry Avoid with that robot called pod that was just the sassiest thing ever? This show is basically another version of that, people with hugely extreme looks are nominated by family and friends and given a makeover. This is just one of those feel good shows that is so easy to binge.


Brooklyn Nine Nine



The internet basically broke when this show was cancelled earlier this year and thanks to everyone kicking off it ended up getting picked up for another season. I was always one to occasionally watch the show when it was on E4 however after discovering it was on Netflix I decided to watch it chronologically and fell in love with it. This is based in a Brooklyn police department (incase you couldn't tell by the name of the show) and is one of the best comedy shows I have come across. While being a comedy it also deals with a lot of real world issues, such as sexuality and death in such delicate manners this is so so worth watching.


Champions



The ultimate feel good show, a fourteen year old boy moves to New York in dreams of pursuing his career in musical theatre. This is the point he has to move in with his father who until then he believed to be dead, it explores their complicated relationship and how he tries to fit in with his straight white cis father who runs a gym.


Supergirl




After The Flash my mind was changed when it came to DC shows and so I decided to give Supergirl a go, I wasn't sure what to expect but this was such a good show. The amount of representation and character development within the first two seasons (I've only watched that far so far) have been incredible and I love it. This is more than a show about Superman's cousin, despite the constant name dropping of him.


Atypical



Autism is something that a lot of people struggle to understand, I have met so many people on various ends of the spectrum and was kind of cautious when going into watching this show. I was scared that they would have got it wrong, they had perhaps portrayed the disability in a demoralising way that would add to the stigma around it but they did this show beautifully. It explores an eighteen year old boy as he prepares to take the next steps in his life, how he struggles with relationships and building connections with people and the toll it takes on him and his family. This coming of age show is beautiful and I adored every second of it.


The Good Place




So, what really happens when you die? I like the idea of this show, how they explore the afterlife in such a messed up but hilarious way was something that drew me in. The plot twists had me literally gasping out loud and the humour in it was brilliant.


Friends From College



I binged this show in the pace of an evening due to the fact that each episode is half an hour long and there's literally only eight episodes. A feel good show packed with comedy and drama that follows a group of friends from college (I know, shocking, it's not like the title says it) as they start their adult lives and start their own families.

Safe




Set in a gated community which had been built to keep the children that live in the area safe a boy dies and his girlfriend goes missing. The plot follows as people try to work out who murdered Chris and where Jenny has gone. I honestly don't think that I have been this invested in a show since deciding to binge the entirety of Broadchurch last November. Bloody hell this was good, it had you guessing right up until the final scene.


Evil Genius




True crime shows on serial killers are the best thing to watch before bed, right? Apparently I thought so when I started this series and was so hooked that I didn't sleep until 3am when I had finished it all. This show explores the story of 'America's most diabolic bank heist' and story of how a pizza man ended up involved in a bank robbery and bombing which I had honestly no clue about until I watched this.



Please Like Me




I have a weird obsession with Australia and this show is set in Australia so... that's reason enough for me to be obsessed with it, or at least I think so anyway. This took me two tries to really get into but once I did I was so invested in it that, again, it was binged within the space of a few days. Its a comedy show about the protagonist Josh as he comes to terms with his sexuality.


Alexa & Katie





Somehow I'm still mentally twelve and can't get enough of shows that are clearly aimed towards pre teens. This show gave me Hannah Montana and Good Luck Charlie vibes which is something that was super cool as I haven't watched either in about five years now. It promotes healthy friendships and also follows the pair of best friends as they navigate their way through their freshman year of high school.


Twin Peaks




This is such a bloody good show - it's scifi but not too scifi, it's not on the level that you're not going to see David Tennant flying round in a magical blue box but you are going to discover some weird ass shit regardless. Based in the small town of Twin Peaks the police department are investigating the murder of prom queen Laura Palmer, you discover what happened in the build up to her death and you don't find out her killer until well into halfway through season two.

I'll be honest, I gave up with season three of this because I couldn't deal with his different and modern it was compared to seasons one and two.


One Day At A Time




This comedy show is everything, it gives me Melissa and Joey kind of vibes and never fails to put me in a good mood. One of the most important things about this is the masses of representation that she show provides, while also discussing and educating the audience on masses of racial prejudice that go on day in day out. It teaches and reminds you of the importance of being proud of your heritage and appreciate the family that you have all while still being bloody hilarious.


The Standups




My complete guilty pleasure is stand up comedy, there are literally shows which I have watched so many times that I can recite them line for line and I still find them hilarious at the same time. This is why I was so so excited to find a series of stand up comedy on Netflix! It's two seasons of half hour sets from various comedians and I bloody loved it.


Greenhouse Academy




Does anyone remember the Nickelodeon show House of Anubis? This show kind of reminded me of that, considering it's based in a high school and the main plot is about this conspiracy that is taking place which, of course, involves the two main protagonists. It was one of those shows that was so cringey but I also couldn't stop watching (kind of like Riverdale oops) and I can for sure say it was intended for someone much younger than me however it was good and easy watching nonetheless.



Modern Family




Did someone say watching eight seasons of a TV show in two weeks? Because you know full well I did exactly that with Modern Family. I fell in love with this show and it's no wonder when the cast are all so hilarious and it's genuinely such a good show. I feel like with the masses of representation in it there's almost definitely a character that everyone can relate to in some way or another which is super cool. I even forced my mum to watch a few episodes of it with me and she couldn't stop laughing, it's got the mum approval, it's got my approval and now it's waiting on your approval.


Queer Eye



When the new season came out and the whole internet exploded I decided to jump on the bandwagon and loved this show! It's a group of five queer guys going round and giving people who need a makeover a boost in their look. They encourage them to face their fears and meet so many people from different walks of life, this is one of those utterly heartwarming shows and I adore it.

Post a Comment

© Megan Clare. Design by FCD.