Cruelty Free Brands I Love

October 10, 2018



Cruelty free makeup isn't as hard to find as you would think, but there are also still a huge amount of brands that do still test on animals to be able to sell in China. As I have mentioned in posts before I am always trying my hardest to shop for cruelty free, to find alternatives for brands that do test on animals and generally have a better life ethos. Through the time of trying to actively shop in a more cruelty free manner I have discovered a lot of brands that have surprised me in both areas of being cruelty free and testing on animals.

BRANDS THAT ARE CRUELTY FREE



ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS

My go to for pretty eyeshadow palettes. I am so glad that this brand remains cruelty free while a lot of other high end brands have been revealed to be testing on animals.


THE BALM

I love The Balm's products, their bronzer is everything and such a good replacement to the Benefit Hoola which was eventually revealed to be a brand that tests on animals. I also adore their Mary Louminiser highlight, which is such a good price for how much product you get!

MISSLYN

As far as I am aware MissLynn is a cruelty free brand! This is such a good brand that tends to sell affordable The Balm dupes, I adore their Holiday Hooray bronzer which I have hit pan on right now and I would be lying if I said that I didn't find this a little devastating. I picked this up in a drugstore in Holland for about €4 which is just insane really.

BURTS BEES

Something that always makes people laugh about me is how many goddamn chapsticks I have with me at all times (not to mention the vast amount that I have in my room). My go to brand will always be Burts Bees though! I adore their products and their pomegranate balm is everything, it's pink tinted and smells so so good that I can't get enough of it.

REAL TECHNIQUES

You guys already know that I love Real Techniques, their brushes will always be some of my go to ones and so the fact that they are cruelty free makes me so happy!

ZOEVA COSMETICS

Everyone knows Zoeva for their 'luxury' brushes but a lot of people also forget that they sell makeup too! This was the brand I got my first ever 'proper' eyeshadow palette from and I am still in love with their products all these years on. They're so affordable and such high quality.

NYX

This will forever be my go to cruelty free brand for dupes and beautiful products. Their lip butters are such pretty pigmented glosses that I literally cannot get enough of them (and this is coming from a girl who reaches for a matte lip like it's going out of style). I also adore their eyeshadows and highlights too!

LAURA GELLER

My favourite summer highlighter is from Laura Geller (the Ballerina one if any of you were wondering).

TOO FACED

Though expensive their products are so so beautiful and literally smell so good!! I didn't know it was possible for me to actually lust over the smell of an eyeshadow palette until I discovered this brand. Their lipsticks are also so lovely!

MAKEUP REVOLUTION

I may buy high end makeup every now and then but at the end of the day I'm a drugstore girl through and through. Makeup Revolution is a brand that I both love and trust, their products are immensely affordable and also such high quality that it actually amazes me. Not only this but they sell so so mnay dupes for high end brands that it literally amazes me, especially Urban Decay, Too Faced and Kat Von D. Plus it's like £5 for a highlighter that leaves people asking what I'm wearing after one swipe? Yes please!

WET N WILD

Is such a good brand but so so hard to get my hands on, regardless I adore their blushes, eyeshadows and lipliners which are all insane.


BRANDS THAT TEST ON ANIMALS


As much as I was initially going to make this a post just full of brands that are cruelty free I thought I would share with you guys a few brands that I am still wishing will get their shit together and become cruelty free again!

MAC

I adore their lipstick ranges, I love their foundation but none of it is cruelty free. Though I have a heap of products from them before discovering that they partook in animal testing I tend to not advertise or speak about them as much (or at all if I can help it)3 as I just don't want to endorse a brand that tests on animals! A great place to get dupes for a heap of their products is NYX.

BENEFIT

Again, another brand that I used to adore and would always get advent calendars from, yet with it not being cruelty free I have tried my hardest to avoid them. Yes, I miss the Hoola bronzer more than I would like to admit but there are other options out there that don't hurt animals in the process of purchasing. I don't think I own anything full sized from them anymore and am just slowly going through all of my products.

ELIZABETH ARDEN

I grew up stealing my mums Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour cream and then started buying my own but after discovering that they are still testing on animals I have stopped buying it and have encouraged my mum to do the same. If anyone has any dupes for this it would be so appreciated - send me a tweet or leave a comment with some suggestions!



Post a Comment

© Megan Clare. Design by FCD.