Winter Term Goals

January 31, 2018




Since leaving education I have been lacking a sense of structure within my life, the past few months have very much consisted of be doing what I want when I want and as relaxing as that is I am also finding myself craving routine. Just the other day I woke up and literally decided that I needed to write an essay, that apparently a blog post wouldn’t do and that it had to be an English Lang Lit A Level style essay (God knows why but that’s what I woke up thinking). Ever since I have been longing for routine, considering it is a new year I don’t think there’s any better time to fully resort my life and ensure I’m making the most of my days.

01) Firstly, I want to actually get into a work routine. I’m lucky enough to be able to have full use of my days due to getting up at 7:30 every morning everyday to do my au pair duties. I really want to start utilising my free time while the kids are at school and allocate days of the week where I focus on my writing and photos for the blog so that I’m not up at 10pm writing when I could have done it in the time I spent binging Modern Family. By the end of March, also known as Spring I want to have more of a routine set in place which I’ve managed to keep to.

02) I need to start saving money, my worst habit is the fact I go out for Starbucks about three or four times a week and then out for dinner at least once a week too. This makes such a dent in my bank account and I didn’t realise how much so until I was checking earlier. If I want to be able to have the summer I currently have planned then I need to save from now on.

03) Despite being a photography student and the fact I am going off to uni to study it in September I have hardly touched my camera since moving over. I want to ensure I am shooting more for myself and developing my style even further before I head off to uni, speaking of shooting I do have one really cool shoot lined up in the upcoming weeks which will be featured on my blog as and when it is finalised! (I also really want to begin to play around with analogue a lot more, though this is expensive and my film camera is back in england which is a bit of a dilemma so we will stick with digital for now)

04) One of my biggest downfalls is how hard I am on myself. For this reason I want to stop making myself feel bad for missing an upload date here and there or not being able to go out because I am feeling under the weather. I need to remind myself that I am human too.


So, that’s it. 


These are my goals and a few things I hope to work on over the coming months and hopefully I can give you guys a little update on how I am doing with them as we fall into the ‘spring term’.



Photos shot by the lovely Tom

Post a Comment

© Megan Clare. Design by FCD.