DIY Valentines Cards

February 02, 2018



Me being the craft obsessed and sentimental human I am means that I decided to create a series of DIY cards for valentines this year. As you all seemed to enjoy my Christmas Card post I thought I would put together a post with a few designs that I made for Valentines.




Again, all I used was watercolour paper, pens and acrylic paints to get the final looks for each of these - obviously I planned them out in pencil first too.




The first design was of a heart, I found the idea on Pinterest and decided to switch it up with the things that I love (those being burritos, coffee and music). 



I think I found the phrase 'you have a pizza my heart' on Tumblr years ago and so I decided to make a play on the words and create a card based around it. The pepperoni slices are even heart shaped to add to the Valentines theme!



Lastly we have the 'I love you like Kanye loves Kanye' design which is an inside joke with one of my best friends, we will always blast I Love Kanye when we are driving around despite our other friends pleas for us to turn it off. Because of this I made her a card to send over and make her laugh on Valentines, I didn't realise how hard it would be to draw and paint Kanye though - but I think I managed it!

If you guys have a go at recreating any of these then let me know as I would love to see other people's takes on these!

Post a Comment

© Megan Clare. Design by FCD.