Wagamamas At Home: Bang Bang Cauliflower

April 27, 2020

It's been weeks since anyone in the UK has been able to satisfy their cravings for Wagamamas, myself included. Last week I found myself on the phone to my mum talking about how all I wanted was their 'Bang Bang Cauliflower' side dish, something that anyone who knows me will know I order every time without fail. She suggested that I make my own, but I had no idea where to start (I mean, I knew it was red onion and cauliflower but had no further understanding).

My first port of call was my friend who has the Wagamama cookbook to see if the recipe was in there, however it unfortunately wasn't. Since then I have been trying out making it for myself. At this point I definitely have it worked out, to a good extent, and thought it would be great to share with others who are desperate for some form of Wagamamas.



Ingredients:
2-3 Teaspoons Sriracha
1 Tablespoon Sweet Chilli Sauce
2 Pinches Sriracha/Chilli Flakes
1 Pinch Salt
2 Pinches Pepper
Oil (enough to cover the base of the pan)
1 Teaspoon Parsley (I use dried usually however at Wagamamas they use fresh)

1/2 a Cauliflower
1/2 a Red Onion
Optional:
1 Spring Onion
1/4 of a Broccoli

Method:

Start with the 'sauce', for this you are going to need the oil in the pan along with the sriracha, sweet chilli sauce (I will always swear by the Blue Dragon one, but it’s up to you really). You’re going to want to give that a little mix with a spoon and then add in the chilli flakes, salt and pepper.

While this is warming up on a medium heat slice the red onion into rings/thin segments and then pop them into the pan to begin caramelising.

Then keeping an eye on the onions and giving them a stir every now and then I chop up the cauliflower (and broccoli too if I’m putting that in), once done this gets added into the pan too.

Then you just have to keep an eye on the cooking time, this is usually about five minutes and I like to make sure that all the veggies are covered in the oily mixture.

When done, put into a little side dish and enjoy!









Post a Comment

© Megan Clare. Design by FCD.