Music Monthly: November

November 27, 2017



I'll be the first to admit that I tend to start a different series for my blog and then end up discarding them about three months later. Music Monthly, however is not one of those things and despite its lack of presence on the site last week (I was just incredibly busy with everything I had left me feeling as I had let myself down). It is, however, back and will be staying for as long as I am loving sharing my music with you guys.



The series is going to be structured slightly differently to how it is used to be; I am going to talk about new releases in a section, and then everything else I have revisited or I feel deserves a mention. Then, as always, I will have my Spotify playlist at the end. That way you guys are able to listen along as you read or easily find anything I mention, be sure to check out my other playlists too.



NEW RELEASES AND DISCOVERIES


Maisie Peters has released her second single, this one is titled 'Birthday' and it hit me a little too hard and gave me major Taylor Swift The Moment I Knew vibes. If you are unfamiliar with Maisie's work then you should honestly give this tune a listen, she has also just been announced as one of the artists to be performing at The Great Escape festival in Brighton next year which is home to so many incredible artists every year. Everything about it is so delicate and fragile and her voice is just wonderful. I wholeheartedly recommend this single and will be shouting about it from the rooftops for months to come.


Next up is Ricky Manning's single LA is Lonely, I had never heard any of his music but when watching Andrea Russett's snapchat story I came across this song and instantly had to google what the song was. Having just moved to another country on my own the lyrics seemed to seem a bit too relevant for my life, trying to do something to better yourself is often one of the loneliest tasks you can experience and this song captures it beautifully.



A friend of mine put Jaden Smith's new album on in the car the other day and mannnnnn was it good, I didn't see the reason for the hype behind it before but I do now. The track that I have been loving the most is definitely Ninety, it's such a chill song with laid back vibes and this is the exact kind of alternative R&B that I am all over at the moment. The lyrics are wonderful, the music is beautiful and the general production of it is flawless too. 



Though originally by Tegan and Sara (who I don't know much about music wise) I discovered Hayley Williams' cover of Nineteen and fell in love with it. Hayley has such a distinctive voice and this haunting song is so beautiful when put with her voice.




OLDIES BUT GOLDIES


Halsey's freestyle Tokyo Narita is such a good song, the lyrics are so real and true as such everything else she has every released. If you know me, you're aware of my love for Ashley and the music she creates but to me this is just on a complete other level, it is so beautiful and haunting and generally well produced. 

Though Taylor has released a new album this month - which might I add as a Swiftie is one of the most phenomenal blessings to this world since 1989 - I have been loving listening to Red. The one song in particular is The Moment I Knew, which I was reminded of after listening to Maisie Peters new track (as I had already mentioned) and it's just the most beautiful song in the world. 

Lastly, it's November and in my eyes it is now socially acceptable to listen to all the Christmas music that you want. For this reason since I woke up on November 1st I have been listening to Christmas Lights by Coldplay which is easily one of the best Christmas songs ever to exist.







That concludes this months installment, I hope you've picked up some new tunes or just enjoyed reading about what I have been loving recently. If you have any music recommendations then I am always down to listen to new stuff so drop me a comment or a tweet and I will be sure to listen!

Post a Comment

© Megan Clare. Design by FCD.