B:elong

April 16, 2017



Background: when we were together everything else around us felt like background noise. i’m not sure what point i became part of the background noise for you too but eventually you stopped paying attention to me. like i stopped paying attention to the world when i was with you.

Backtrack: i need to stop reading our old messages but i cant help myself backtracking to the last time you said you love me and the last heart you sent me. i can’t help thinking back to our last kiss and the way you seemed so sad behind it, or perhaps you were just tired. tired of me and my mess of an excuse of love. 

Beautiful: then came the day you stopped calling me beautiful.

Belong: you made me feel as though i was a part of something, as though i belonged on this earth. now i’m questioning whether i really do.

Belongings: returning your belongings and having to face you one last time breaks me to think about. i don't think i’m quite ready to part with the oversized sweater i made a home in or your foo fighters top i always slept in.

Better: you told me to go to the doctors and that i would get better but ever since that appointment my life seems to have fallen apart even more. you told me you would be there for me through getting better but ever since that appointment you felt more distant than ever.

Before: before you i didn't believe in love, but you taught me that i was loveable despite my depression. im sorry i got too much and too hard to love, i understand why you left. but thank you for teaching me that i am loveable.

Bible: i never believed in religion but when you held me in your arms i made sure to thank god for putting you on the earth. when you spoke it sounded like words of a bible verse, no matter how unholy the words that left your mouth were.

Biffy Clyro: i don’t even know if this counts as a word - but this is my lovers dictionary and i am going to fucking put in whatever i want. since you left i started listening to them much more than before. they really are a great band. 

Bisexual: do not erase my sexuality just because i am with a man. it does not make me straight.

Blank: i told you that you were my everything and all i was met with was a blank stare and a half hearted smile. thats when i knew you didn't love me anymore.

Blame: i could blame you for breaking my heart, i could blame you for the way you acted but at the end of the day i am just as much to blame. maybe thats why you never took the blame for anything, maybe everything was my fault somehow. 

Blemish: you left blemishes and marks all over my body. you said you were marking what was yours. but how is it fair that i was yours and you weren't mine no matter how many marks i gave you?

Bloom: i need to see you leaving as a chance for me to bloom on my own - but even flowers need help with growing from the sun.

Burden: you told me to talk to you whenever something was wrong and so i did, but when you became what was wrong i felt more like a burden than a lover.


Bus: i stopped getting this bus and started walking to your flat when i realised i could get there quicker that way and that it also gave me time to chain-smoke along the way.

Post a Comment

© Megan Clare. Design by FCD.