D:istance

April 24, 2017



Dancing: i hated dancing, but for you i did it. i would have done anything for you.

Danger: there’s no warning signs for falling in love, you tend to forget your hearts in danger as you do it.

Depression: i’m sorry that my illness became more of who i am than who i wasn’t. it took over. maybe that’s why you couldn't love me.

Death: i think about dying almost as much as i think about you.

Demons: everyone has their demons, mine chase me and keep me up at night. but now they're starting to look like you.

Dependancy: i become dependant upon anyone that tells me they care, i guess this is my hamartia as i should take more notice about how they act instead of what they say.

Deprivation: you deprived me of your love.

Diagnose: i diagnosed myself with heartbreak long before i summoned up the will power to walk away.

Difficult: this must have been how it felt to love me. i’m sorry.

Disposable: as a photography student i loved disposable cameras, the novelty of them was so intriguing. perhaps you saw me in this way, i was a novelty that eventually ran out and had to be disposed of. but when these cameras are disposed of pretty photos and memories seem to come from them, when i am disposed of heartbreak and writing comes from me.

Distance: they say distance makes the heart grow fonder but all it did was make mine grow weaker.

Disinfectant: you infected me and i tried everything to remove all traces of you from my skin. i’ve sprayed disinfectant over the things you touched in a desperate attempt to get you out of my life.

Divide: i didn't like ed’s new album, you loved it. for you i learnt to love it too.

Divorce: i remember arguing with you in the middle of a shop and telling you i was going to divorce you, you responded that we weren't even married and i said i would marry you just so i could divorce you. we technically weren’t even together.

Doppelgänger: everyone i fall for seems to have to reach the same criteria, they seem to have to have the exact same elements within their personality as their predecessor. tall, plays guitar, ends up being a jerk. you know, that kind of thing.

Drake: i never understood why you didn't like his music, i love it. much like i never understood why you didn't like yourself, i loved you.

Driving: i always loved sitting in the passenger side of your car as we drove around. i loved being able to look to my right and see you there, sometimes you would catch me staring at you and smile. in those moments i felt at home.

Drummer: maybe i should stop falling for guitarists and go for drummers.

Dust: the memories of us are collecting dust, much like the journal i filled in the wake of you leaving.


Duvet: i’m sorry i always took all the covers but when you slept with your back to me i had to have something to hug.

Post a Comment

© Megan Clare. Design by FCD.