E:arthquake

April 25, 2017



Earthquake: nobody else felt the ground shaking in our final argument but that could be the only explanation for the way that my whole body was quivering. the world i knew had come to an end.

Embarrassingly: embarrassingly enough i thought you loved me enough not to go behind my back the way you did.

Embroidery: you kept one of my many embroidered tops when it came to returning my things, perhaps you thought i had enough and that i wouldn't miss one. the thing is the foo fighters were one of the only things i really shared with you and since you kept that top its as though you kept a part of me.

Emotional: i feel as though i had enough emotions for the both of us, you were closed off and i was a fountain of tears almost once a week.

Empty: now all i have left is an empty heart and ideas of what should have been.

Enough: no matter how hard i tried, no matter how much of myself i gave you, no matter how much you took from me. i was never enough. i guess thats why you began looking for more in other places and other girls.

End: endings surround us constantly, i just hoped ours would have been a bit more beautiful than it was.

Ellipsis: as we ended there were more points of silence between us than there were conversations.

Essay: our love story is as unwritten and the essays that i had been procrastinating just so i could spend more time with you.

Explanation: any reason to leave someone is a valid reason, but it felt as though you left without explanation. can you please just answer my questions and help me understand why i wasn't enough for you.

Explosions: when you kissed me the stars seemed to explode.

Extrovert: sometimes i wish you were more extroverted than introverted, it would have been nice to know what you were feeling for once.

Eulogy: there was nobody i would have rather had eulogise me, i often wondered what you would have said at my funeral if i had succeeded in killing myself that night. perhaps you wouldn't have even gone. who knows.


Evoke: every now and then i will find something that reminds me of who you were and just like that an ocean of emotions arrives. 

Post a Comment

© Megan Clare. Design by FCD.