G:ravity

April 29, 2017



Game: is that all you see love to be?

Genuine: i cant stop myself from reading our conversations back and questioning what was genuine and when you started lying to both yourself and i about your feelings towards me.

Ghost: even after you left your presence carried on haunting me. much like cathy’s ghost haunted heathcliff in wuthering heights.

Glass: i think you forgot how fragile i was when you started to trample all over me and then questioned why you had shards of glass in your feet. it was my defence mechanism for how you were hurting me.

Glazed: when i looked in your eyes for a sense of safety and reassurance all i was met with was a glassy stare like one of those horrifying china dolls that my nan keeps in her hallway.

Glimmer: i was clinging onto anything, a tiny speck or glimmer of hope that you cared was all i needed. 

Gnaw: i could only ignore things so many times before they started to gnaw away at my mind and eat me alive. i was deadbeat before i even left you.

Godzilla: i wrote a poem about him once, it was about you too. i compared the green of his skin to the green of your eyes. i realised you both destroyed everything in your path.

Goodbye: moments after saying goodbye to you i would always message you, there was a day when i didn't and you got worried that something was wrong. then came the days when you stopped replying to my messages after i said goodbye. thats when i started to worry that something was wrong. 

Gossip: people always gossip, they never have anything better to do really.

Grammar: i always insisted on perfect grammar and you would just roll your eyes and laugh at me. it was only when i was drunk that you would use this against me, or in our argument about how you weren't there as i tried to end my life. 

Gravity: everything gets pulled back gown to earth eventually, even when i didn't notice i had my head in the clouds i still felt the force of being pulled back down to earth. i still felt the force of the trauma you had left in your wake.

Grow: thank you for helping me grow as a person.

Guitar: everyone seems to know my type is a guitarists, i remember when my friend told me i should take a break from them and so i messaged you jokingly saying i couldn't talk to you anymore. you said you would change your instrument to be able to talk to me still. i miss our friendship.

Gum: you chewed me up and spat me out like a piece of gum on the street.


Gymnast: maybe if i had been more flexible i would have been able to bend over backwards at your every word like you had wanted me to.

Post a Comment

© Megan Clare. Design by FCD.