T:race

May 20, 2017



Tall: i’m only 5ft, maybe that’s why i laughed so much when you told me to grow up.

Tactile: pull me in closer, hold me in your arms one last time. even if you don't mean it.

Tattoo: i think mine out for years and months before getting them done, you walk into the parlour and make up your mind there and then. that’s the perfect way of explaining us as people.

Teachers: there are some lessons that school and teachers just can’t provide you with. or maybe i was just skipping school to spend time you on the day they taught them.

Today: i am the person i am today because of you.

Tomorrow: i will wake up in my own bed and you will wake up in yours, we will get on with our lives the best we can without playing a part in each other’s anymore.

Tough: my skins not as thick as it seems, please be careful with me.

Touch: there’s something so innocent and sweet about touching someone’s face to move their hair away from their eyes. there’s nothing innocent or sweet about the way you used to touch me.

T-Shirt: i’m sorry i kept that grey t-shirt that you were always secretly annoyed at me for stealing in the first place when i returned your things. i know it was one of your favourites, i just wanted to keep a part of you in my life seeing as i couldn't have you in it anymore.

Time: i know that time heals all but if it could speed up that would be great because it has been nearly a month and i still reach for my phone to text you as soon as i wake up.

Tight: i finally understood why babies grasp peoples fingers so tightly the day he let go of my hand and never looked back.

Trace: i had never felt as content as i did when i was tracing the ink on your skin, the swirls were so therapeutic. now i have nothing to trace other than the scars you left on my heart and the cuts on my left arm.

Trade: i’ll tell you my secrets if you tell me yours.

Transgression: me liking you wasn't supposed to happen, it ruined so many things. but with you in my life thats all that mattered to me. i didn't care how many rules i broke when it came to being able to hold you in my arms and falling asleep with you beside me.

Tradition: time honours tradition.

Train: i go on these so much you told me to start driving instead, but there’s something comforting about pulling into a station and watching people get on and off. watching people get on with their lives and wondering what has happened to them and what their life story is. maybe i’m weird for that but it’s comforting in some sense.

Tragic: and like all tragedies, our story met its cruel end.

Treacle: when you left i felt like i was suck in a pool of treacle, unable to move on properly. that’s why i have been writing so much, helping myself to move on when i am struggling.

Trick: let me show you a trick, hold your breath and count to three. i can make you fall in love with me. i can play games and not tell you how i feel until you get tired and i decide i want you too. but it’s too late, you're already onto your next chase while i’m searching for a new magicians assistant.

Trying: thank you for even trying to love me, that’s all that i could ever ask of you.


Turn: aren't you supposed to take turns when talking and not have a shitty yelling match where i desperately attempt to make my voice heard over yours?

Post a Comment

© Megan Clare. Design by FCD.