Top 5 Student Life Hacks

September 08, 2017




I've just left sixth form and I'm beginning my gap year, I thought I would share a few tips I picked up from my two years to help you out a little.

The first thing you're going to realise is you’re going to need to work out how to save money, Unidays is a perfect way for you to be able to save while shopping (it’s basically a free version of a student ID). All you have to do is sign up using your institution email or send them a photo of your student id from your institution. You can get some incredible deals through it, I picked up a pair of trainers from Adidas for £37 instead of £50 the other day, you can’t deny that is a bargain.

Another money saving life hack is that Spotify offer 50% off to students, you can use your NUS card or log in through Unidays and then put in your card details and bamn u have half price Spotify for a year (though they email you before the year is up to renew your student ID).

Nobody cares if you outfit repeat, nobody cares if you wear the same outfit twice in a row. Everybody runs out of new clothes to wear when it comes to school so stop stressing and try to push the dress code to be as comfortable for you as possible.

Use free periods to your advantage to get work done, this therefore gives you your evenings off meaning you can work an evening shift at your job or just have some chill time and escape from the stress of sixth form life. For me, I realised much too late that the library was the best place to get lots of work done in (especially essays), so give different places a try and see what works best for you.


Create yourself little weekly to do lists, in each of them break your tasks down and make it so that everything seems more rewarding. For me, when it came to essays I wouldn't just put ‘finish English essay’ on the list but would break it down into much smaller sections like ‘plan essay’, ‘essay intro’, ‘paragraph one’ and so on which then made me feel like I was completing more than I would have had I just seen ‘finish English essay’ on my list. Also give yourself a little reward once you've finished the list, whether its your fave snack food or having a night out with your friends.

Post a Comment

© Megan Clare. Design by FCD.