Winter Skincare | Blogmas Day 8

December 08, 2017



As everyone knows, Winter is the season of chapped lips and dry skin. Neither of those are things that people love which is why I'm going to be doing my daily skincare routine this season. Personally I feel like this has helped me to clear my skin and help me to maintain a healthier glow in these colder months. I also thought it would be good to mention that I have combination skin, so this is obviously catered towards that.

The first essential is not exactly for skin but it is something that I keep with me all year long. Carmex is a lifesaver, honestly, it is so hydrating and moisturizing and for this reason it is easily my favorite lip care product. I will always apply this in the morning, as well as before bed and whenever I really like it! It also helps the lips are dried out too much when wearing lipsticks as especially in this season.

As a moisturizer for the morning I will use baby lotion (yes, I know these sounds strange but it works so well). Then if I am wearing makeup I will apply primer and foundation, but I am really liking not wearing any makeup or just minimal makeup at the moment. I have never been able to wear any concealer which is not because I am against it but I just want to get enough coverage with my foundation to have another product - stay tuned for a makeup routine post soon!

At the end of the day I want to start off my makeup before a shower with the Dirty Works Pore Feeling scrub which my mum has been replaced with and has been hooked on ever since. This is your cleansing your face and has extracts of menthol which leaves your skin feeling so fresh while exfoliating it. I highly recommend this product.

After the shower if I have any makeup left on my face I will use my Garnier Micellar Water for Combination skin. Personally, I prefer this one to the original one I would really like to work with my skin to remove any makeup that may be left on my face which is something I never really felt with the other one.

After my makeup / washing my face I will moisturise again using the baby lotion, then I'll go ahead and apply it to any problem areas on my skin. For this, I am the epitome or extra and use a beauty blender to ensure it is equally covered (and also because I have the feel of sudocrem on my fingers - it never feels like it has come off for some reason !!)

Finally, I use my Benefit It's Potent eye cream. I never understood the hype behind eye creams, they seemed pointless to me, until I had this in an advent calendar and I have been hooked ever since. I swear by this product, it leaves my eyes feeling so refreshed after a long day and it is my miracle to me.

Finally, I thought I should mention that I have to make two bottles of water a day in order to keep my skin hydrated and generally after my body a bit I have a difference in my skin, worth ethic, and energy!

Obviously, this was very much and I have so smoothly. Have a lovely rest day and I will see you tomorrow for Blogmas day 9!

Post a Comment

© Megan Clare. Design by FCD.