Three Ways To Get Out Of Your Blogging Slump

April 25, 2018




We all have the times when writing blog posts and generally creating content feels like drawing blood from a stone, especially after times of having abundances of inspiration and creating high quality content regularly. You want to be able to maintain this streak but it will burn you out in the end, taking breaks is fine and vital every now and then however I often find it hard to get back into routine once I've taken that break.

I thought I would share three of the steps I tend to take in order to get out of this burn out and blogging slump and generally get back to creating the content that I know I can create.




1) READ OTHER BLOGS


I tend to find myself so inspired after reading other creators content. Often when you are blogging and working on content you spend vast amounts of time alone, and it almost leaves you feeling as though you are alone but the reality is that there's a whole sea of other content creators out there! Whenever I am going through a slump and I feel the need find inspiration in the community I tend to make notes on what I love about other blogs and find ways to organically (and without plagiarism) reciprocate that into my blog.

Some bloggers that I turn to for inspiration include Beth Sandland who is always so honest and down to earth in everything she creates; Liv Purvis (WhatOliviaDid) who's life screams 'goals' and has some of the most beautiful content; and Lucy Moon who's content I have regularly raved about on here.




2) BRAINSTORM AND PLAN


Often I find that the source of my lack of inspiration is coming from forcing myself to create content to keep on schedule and I would often have a very pre-planned series of posts. My calendar for the month was often filled with post ideas, when to upload and what photos needed to go with them which, while keeping me organised, also lead me to feel uninspired to create what had been planned. Instead of planning a date and time for blog posts I often jot them down in my blog journal and then have a whole series of ideas for when I am feeling a little less inspired than usual.





3) REARRANGE YOUR SCHEDULE


Often I find I have fallen into a slump because I hate my routine, once I take a step away from this and begin to rearrange my schedule it really helps me pull myself together and work on the content I want to create again.

Post a Comment

© Megan Clare. Design by FCD.